Soft, smooth and clear skin appeals to everyone, irrelevant of age or gender. Here at Bem Estar, we have excellent treatments to produce refreshed and rejuvenated skin. Peeling is ever-growing in its popularity as a facial treatment, largely because the results are quick and very visible. But which type of peel is right for you? Below, we briefly outline both Chemical and Diamond Peeling, we hope this provides you with more insights into our treatments. You can always contact a Bem Estar technician if you have specific questions.
What is Chemical Peeling?
A chemical solution is applied to the face to improve the appearance of the skin, this solution will cause the skin to ‘blister’ and peel off revealing a fresh rejuvenated layer of skin. The skin is much smoother and less wrinkled than before.
- Excellent for treating acne problems
- Reduces wrinkles caused by sun damage
- Reduces fine lines around the eyes and lips
- Improves mild scarring, age spots, and dark areas
- The look and feel of your skin will be smoother and softer
Good to Know:
Some redness, itching and a burning sensation may be felt; this will last for about 10 minutes and may be followed by a slight stinging sensation. Following the treatment skin usually reacts as if it has been burnt by the sun and peeling/redness may last for up to 5 days. A Bem Estar expert will always talk you through the procedure and assess your skin BEFORE the treatment starts for suitability.
What is Diamond Peeling?
Diamond peeling is a skin treatment that rejuvenates the skin by revealing a fresh new layer. The diamond peel physically irritates and scratches the top layer of skin. Many report this to feel like a soft sandpapering sensation. The tip of the instrument is filled with diamond dust and this acts as an exfoliator. So after a Diamond Peel treatment at Bem Estar your skin will have been rejuvenated using diamond dust!
- This treatment offers instant results after just one session
- You will see and feel smoother skin that has a healthy glow
- Skin will be softer
- Dead skin cells are removed
- Skin pores and oil will reduce
- Scars and pimples will reduce
Good to Know:
Some redness, itching and (tolerable) heat may be felt and seen; think of it as likening to a scrub with a harder facial cloth. These sensations will subside and sometimes aren’t even apparent. A Bem Estar technician will always talk you through the procedure and assess your skin BEFORE the treatment starts for suitability. Diamond peeling is suitable for all skin types.
Frequently Asked Questions
Want softer, smoother and rejuvenated skin?
- Opt for Chemical or Diamond Peeling, both result in softer, smoother and rejuvenated skin.
Need help with acne problems?
- Chemical Peeling is best for an acne treatment.
Wrinkles and fine lines need reducing?
- Chemical Peeling is best for reducing wrinkles and fine lines.
Dead skin needs removing, and pimples reduced?
- Diamond Peeling is best for removing dead skin cells and small pimples.
Age spots or dark areas post pregnancy need reducing?
- Chemical Peeling is best for age spots and dark areas following a pregnancy.
Skin pores need reducing?
- Diamond Peeling is best for reducing pores.
Need to return to work after treatment?
- Diamond Peeling is the best option if you need to return to work straight after your treatment. Chemical Peeling will leave redness that takes longer to disappear.
Happy to stay out of the sun for a few weeks?
Both Chemical and Diamond Peeling require you to stay out of the sun following treatments.
Suitable for all skin types?
- Only Diamond Peeling is suitable for all skin types.